Rumours of my demise...

...have been greatly exaggerated!

As you know I shut my facebook account down nearly two weeks ago - something that people do from time to time for various reasons. Mine for none other than being away on holiday.

However, judging by the emails and texts I have been receiving, it seems shutting down ones account can create worry back home. So just to re-assure everyone, I'm not depressed, dead, ill, or having a midlife crisis. I haven't run away to join the circus, and I'm not embroiled in some huge financial, sexual or any other sort of scandal. Hopefully not anyway!

Anyway, it's none of that - I've just been on holiday!

Anyway just to reassure readers I shall re-activate my account and post a link to this blog entry - however, I suggest that you stop reading at this point and go over to the menu on the left hand side, and go back 11 blog entries to the one entitled "Travelling with children" and then work your way upwards until you get back to this one - as otherwise the remainder of this one won't make much sense! All is good at home, Jane is taking a break from the boat and house sitting for a few days.

Another reason for re-activation, I also want to add a couple of new friends I have met on holiday.
The boys are really getting in with Vanessa and Genevieve next door - to the extent now that they are spending more time in their apartment than in ours. As always they've charmed the ladies - to the extent that they are eating food out of their fridge and all sorts. But our neighbours assure us that it isn't a problem! Last night I had to get Ollie out of there about 11:30pm - he'd sneaked around without me even knowing! 

Vanessa, who is 19, thinks he's adorable and has been taking him for little walks around the complex. It's so nice being next door to such lovely people. We've been told if we're ever in Dublin, we'd be most welcome.
Another glorious day, and more activities, culminating in another heated game of water polo - but this time I was on the losing side, 15-6 to be precise. Quite honestly we had no chance to be honest, the sides were grossly unfair, even so I did manage to score a goal! Not bad considering that there were two big beefy blokes blocking their goal - combined weight about 40 stone! Unfortunately being on the losing team meant we had to suffer the ritual humiliation dished out to the home team - i.e. we huddle together in a circle and are splashed within an inch of our lives by the victors - including of course Craig. Best bet is just to close your eyes and hope for the best.

Craig is one of three Thomas Cook entertainers here - and I have to say - yet again it has been proved that Thomas Cook entertainers are the best in the business. Wherever we have gone they have made our holidays. Despite obvious shortcomings of some of the hotels we have stayed in - if the sun's shining and the entertainers are giving us a good time - I can forgive a lot! Craig is actually engaged to one of the other entertainers, Lucy - and they are proudly expecting - she is 15 weeks pregnant. Which means their time here is coming to an end. Craig is 36 and has been an entertainer for 8 years - he's an absolute natural at it. It's very exciting for them embarking on their new adventure as parents and I wish them the best of luck - they finish here and return to the UK on March 2nd. Can't help thinking how much different it is going to be for them going back home - he is the absolute life and soul of this place. Still, an entertainer as good as him surely will be able to make a good living back home - after all I have been doing it myself now in the UK for 5 years and I couldn't even begin to pretend I am in the same league as this guy. I'll be interested to know how it all turns out for him, but I guess I'll never know, such is the nature of friendships forged abroad.
It's hard enough going back after 2 weeks - as I lay on my sunbed today gazing across the pool at the palm trees shimmering gently against a clear blue sky I thought how difficult it will be just for me to give this up - never mind 8 years. I can understand why people go on holiday and never go back - because I have toyed with the idea myself in the past - I'm sure we all have. But I can't complain at the life I have - I've fashioned my life into the way that I want it - and I am happy - can't ask for more than that.

So Craig and Lucy move on - leaving the 3rd entertainer, my namesake Jason, to take over as head entertainer, with two new recruits at the helm. It's promotion and a big challenge for him - and like he says, he's got some big shoes to fill, but he'll put his own mark on the Oasis Duna and be a success, I'm sure.
Tonight we went out for a meal with Vanessa and Genevieve - dinner for six - was fun. You could say it was almost like a first date for Ollie who seems smitten with Vanessa, he was telling her he loved her. The kids behaved very well, all things considered, sadly our evening was cut short as after we headed back to the hotel we discovered the kids disco was not on tonight. Never mind, an early night for the kids won't do them any harm, and Vanessa and Genevieve probably need a break!

Also Vanessa taught Ollie all about the Pinky Promise, I have never heard of this before, perhaps it is an Irish thing, I must ask Cathy when I get back.


Jason xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the long lost Kindle ratings!

Maba

The next Time Bubble book