Birthday night out

My birthday. How time flies. But lovely spending it here. It's almost midnight and I am sat outside the apartment tonight on the patio but it is so hot tonight, outside is the way. Now when you have a birthday in summer like bestie Lynda you don't have to worry much about the weather but nobody wants to party in mid February.  

All good here though. The hottest day yet by the pool, and Claire surprised me when we got back with a cake, which she got from the Hiper Dino but then garnished in icing, maltesers, and various other lovelies. All ate well. I was going to offer some to our lovely Irish neighbours but unfortunately Ollie decided to lick the icing off the top of the remaining cake rendering it unsuitable for any further consumption by anyone else!  
We went out for the evening, really wanting to enjoy a lengthy stay in a nice restaurant - tricky plan with fractious little ones, especially Jamie, but by a stroke of luck he fell asleep along the strip and by the time we were dining it was a table for three, plus a sleeping one in a pushchair.   We rather pushed the boat out, 3 courses, wine and coffee. The bill was rather more than we are used to - 78 euros, but it is my birthday after all. Finished off with that old favourite, an Irish coffee, just as Jamie woke up so all good.  

Had a nice walk around the harbour area again tonight, but yet again I despair of the restaurant touts. Why can't you just browse around, look at the menus without some twat giving you his spiel. Yes - I can see you've got fish, steaks kids menu blah blah blah - so has everyone else, stop blathering in my ear. My experience on holiday suggests that the best restaurants are the ones that don't have people outside pestering - because they don't need to. If I am browsing a menu and get all that crap - I just walk off.  

Anyway, we had a nice meal, and headed back to the hotel in time for the quiz - which naturally we won - it was general knowledge this time, questions 1 to 10 with that many answers for each question - for example question 10 was name the 10 events of the decathlon - just the job for someone who spent 1984 bashing his Spectrum keyboard into rubber keyed oblivion.   And then karaoke - a couple of numbers from me, but then entertainer Jase took Jamie into the DJ booth for a solo rendition of Twinkle, twinkle, little star. My little man was amazing, sadly I did not have the camcorder - I must take it in with me and hope he will do it again - to order, sadly I fear he may not, we can only hope!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the long lost Kindle ratings!

The next Time Bubble book

Maba