Last Day In Paradise

Well, time is nearly up here, after a fantastic two weeks we shall be heading back to old blighty and the wind and the rain and the cold. But what an amazing boost the two weeks here in the sun have given us after such a dismal year of weather back home.

Had another great sporting day, starting off by winning the French Boules tournament. I later got man of the match for football tennis, which I mastered quite well after a somewhat over enthusiastic start when I booted the ball so hard, it not only went out of the court but almost over the nearest apartment block! I just don't know my own strength! Water polo did not go so well, on the wrong team as usual but good fun had by all. And more good fun with Ollie in the pool - I hope his new found confidence will carry over into the next holiday.

This will be my last blog entry for some time - again if you've missed them, I've posted 14 blog entries in the last two days, so if you feel inclined to read them all in order you need to go right back to the beginning of February more or less.

To sum up this place - a pretty run of the mill hotel, rooms adequate but in need of a little updating, lousy restaurant but none of that matters because there's a great spirit around the place - friendly, happy people, I am on first name terms with dozens of people of all ages around the place, and being among such people has really made the holiday.

There is a really evil insect building a nest outside - I'm not sure if it is from the wasp or ant variety but it flies, is big, and looks almost like two wasps stuck together with a thin bit in the middle. It is making increasingly menacing moves towards me outside - I think whatever is in the nest may be about to emerge and there may be thousands of the things - hopefully not before we go though! The next people may be in for a shock though. We never saw any more cockroaches after that first one, though I still feel a little wary when I head for the bathroom.

Tonight a last walk down around the harbour before we head for the best value Chinese restaurant in the world! Well best one I have been to anyway. 3rd visit. And then a final hurrah at the kids disco with the boys.

Dear friends back home - I miss you all so much, but do forgive me if I say, I wish I didn't have to come home - in fact if I had the funds I'd buy myself a great big villa with a pool here and fly you all over! And kick your pale asses at water polo!

So it is now late evening, just putting the finishing touches to my final blog entry - we have been through all the "lasts" - last dip in the pool, last meal, last kids disco. Running out of cash too - I've been to the cash point twice in the past week and taken out 400 euros. Yes we have spent a fair bit, but everything is pretty good value here compared to other places I have been on holiday - providing you shop in the right places and eat in the right places. Overall I estimate we have spent about 1000 euros in the two weeks we have been here - but we've had a lot for that money - 1000 euros in 14 days between 4 people is not bad at all, and we have a fair few things to show for it too. We have met some lovely people, I could go on, but I'd probably be repeating myself - so all I can say is it's been great - I'm happy, Claire's happy, and the kids are happy. I am so glad we came.

If you have enjoyed reading this blog, please take a look at my books on Amazon (Paperback & Kindle), where you can read lots more of the same! Click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the long lost Kindle ratings!

The next Time Bubble book

Maba