We've made it!!!!

Yes! Congratulations everybody! It's March 1st which means we've made it through the four darkest and most dismal months of the year! Well done everybody! Congratulate yourselves, even those of you who were fortunate enough to have a little booster during those months in, well  to pick a couple of places at random, Australia and the Canary Islands!

So it's all exciting, lighter, brighter, warmer times ahead! I'm so excited about the year ahead, can you feel my positivity literally dripping off the page! I hope some of me rubs off on you...perhaps I could have worded that better, I didn't literally mean I want to...ummm, errrr, digging a hole, better move on.

Anyway, the changing of the clocks comes up this month, as does St Patrick's Day - big paddy-oke party at the pub on the 17th, and then Easter at the end of the month. But for us racing fans, one event dominates all others and that is the Cheltenham Festival.

Now as you people know, I do like the odd bet here and there...(bit of an understatement but don't want to draw too much attention to my activities). However the highlight of this four day racing extravaganza is the Cheltenham Gold Cup - the blue riband event of the festival and my achilles heel. For 25 years I have been trying and failing to pick the winner of this race. It is not even as if it is that difficult, often only about 10 runners and loads of obvious winners in that time, the likes of Desert Orchid, Kauto Star, Best Mate. Yet the curse of the Ayres money in this race has sealed the fate of many a promising performer.

The Grand National on the other hand, theoretically a much more difficult race with 40 runners and completely open betting, I have had considerable success in, backing a number of winners over the years - and just failing last year with Sunnyhillboy.

Sunnyhillboy gets cruelly pipped on the line in last year's Grand National.

But somehow this year I sense it is going to be different - 25 years of losing selections, and lo and behold, this year is the year I have this feeling I am going to wipe it all out in one stroke.

It's no co-incidence that the horse that has caught my attention just happens to be a 25/1 shot. Why do I think this horse is going to win? I actually have no idea. When I bet on horse I apply very mathematical and scientific methods to pick them and don't believe in co-incidence winners, or gut feelings. Yet somehow every time I look at the names of the runners in the Cheltenham Gold Cup, one name screams out at me. Back me! Back me!

The horse did win at the festival last year, not in the Gold Cup, in a different race and has won again at Cheltenham since so it is not as if it is a no hoper. The more I look at it, the more I convince myself it is going  to win - but why? No - still can't figure it out. But this time I think I am going to have to ditch my tried and tested methods and go with my gut feel...

Oh - I suppose I should have mentioned the horse's name.

CAPE TRIBULATION.

Can Cape Tribulation end 25 years of hurt...?

Ollie wants to go back to Fuerteventura - so this would be a good starting point to getting the funds together!

However, before you all go rushing out to back it, just remember that I have 25 consecutive losing selections in the Gold Cup behind me, so hardly a glowing endorsement of my tipping prowess.

If you have enjoyed reading this blog, please take a look at my books on Amazon (Paperback & Kindle), where you can read lots more of the same! Click here.

Jason xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the long lost Kindle ratings!

Maba

The next Time Bubble book