Return to Tomorrow

Hello everyone,

What a year it’s been. Where to start? Well, I won’t dwell on the virus, lockdowns or any of that, because millions of column inches and tweets have been devoted to that elsewhere. You didn’t come here for that – you want to hear when the next Time Bubble book is coming out!

I’m pleased to say that the answer is soon. I have faced a number of challenges this year which have delayed progress. Firstly, I had to home school the children for three months earlier in the year. Secondly, and I won’t go into great detail on this as I am not one to whinge about health issues, I am waiting for eye surgery which I hope to have in the first few months of next year. As things stand, I can still write and work, but I have to go slower than before. This is also the reason you have not seen much in the way of posts from me because I have dedicated all my time to getting the book completed to the standard you both expect and deserve.

I am very happy with the end result, provisionally titled Return to Tomorrow. It is a sequel to My Tomorrow, Your Yesterday, featuring Thomas Scott’s third journey through life, in which he has dreams and visions of his previous lives. He has one mission – to make it to the day he is destined to meet his future wife, Sarah, without disturbing the timeline. So far so good. Then another time traveller, Ben, shows up with very different ideas and the two men soon clash.

The story follows the pair from the gleaming spires of late 1980s Oxford, to the heat of Ibiza at the peak of the clubbing scene in 1998.

You’ll be pleased to hear that Josh makes a couple of cameos. He is the only character to appear in every book so far so I couldn’t leave him out.

I am very happy with the way the story has turned out. The lives of the characters intertwine well and as always, there are references to happenings in previous books – and possibly ones yet to come!

When will it be out? I am aiming for some time in February. I have completed the final draft and passed it on to an editor for proofing. It will then undergo a final edit. I do not have a cover yet, but have been in touch with my artist, Dani, and we will be working on some ideas.

One final thing before I go – I will be making the Kindle edition of Book 1 in the series, The Time Bubble, completely free to download from Amazon on Christmas Day to encourage new readers into the series. If you have any friends who you think might enjoy a freebie, please let them know. Hopefully they will enjoy it enough to shell out for the others!

Best wishes to you all and I do hope you have a nice Christmas, even under these trying circumstances. I am sure that we can look forward to better times ahead. And also a book 12 at some point. I have no idea what that will be yet, but something will come to me, it always does. As I have said before, as long as you keep enjoying them, I will keep writing them.

Jason

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the long lost Kindle ratings!

Maba

The next Time Bubble book