Out with the old...

And in with the new...

So - the long wait is over - finally the builders have finished the job and we have 23 sparkly new homes ready for people to move in to here in Chapel Street. Sanctuary Housing have now put some of them up for occupation - I know this, because at least two friends of mine on the waiting list have been given details of some of the flats behind. As for the others - I believe some are up for private rent and others for shared ownership.

So if you fancy joining the Chapel Street "Massiv", let me know - as top dog on my "manor", I'm worth getting to know.

The Chapel Street Massiv was a shadowy organisation, formed some years ago when I lived at No 40, with my good friends Liz and Russ next door at #38. By day, I was mild mannered probation office worker, dealing with offenders through official channel - by night the caped crusader of Chapel Street, righting wrongs perpetrated by eveil-doers such as litter louts, inconsiderate parkers, and estate agents.

So, anyway, building works complete. What a relief. Up until about two weeks ago it seemed that it would never end, then suddenly, the tarmac was being laid, the whole area was being landscaped and now at last I have something slightly better to look at through the kitchen window other than great big piles of shite.

They've also built a children's play area over there - with a bench for me to sit on. It's about 50m from the house - I reckon there's a chance my wifi might reach that far so that's cool. They can go up and down the slide while I work on my laptop!

I have been told that the bit of car park behind me will be an extension to the existing pay and display site which is slightly irksome as it means anyone can park there. Perhaps I should ask the council if they'd like to employ me as a traffic warden. I can watch from my kitchen window and leap into action and stick a ticket on anyone who steps out of line. I'd be quite happy to work on a commission basis. 10% of any fine would do me.

The other half of the car park is going to be residents parking which has some interesting possibilities. I would not mind getting in there. Parking on my drive is not only a hassle but it takes up room the kids could play in. Also - Jamie has developed the annoying habit of throwing stones on the car. You should see the bonnet - it is covered in scratches. Not that this really matters with my car which is covered with various war wounds from past scrapes.

Which bring me on to my next topic. Despite it's various cosmetic failings, my car (Mondeo) is still going great guns and to cut a long story short, my mother-in-law is interested in buying it - which puts me in line for a new car. Well - not new, but newer. I have already mentioned this on facebook and have had several suggestions - what I am really looking for is some sort of people carrier - but with lots of boot space available - and preferably blacked out rear windows (which I know some have) - obviously as I don't want to draw attention to the fact I'm laden up with DJ gear when I'm driving about.

Seat Alhambra, Toyota Verso...all possibles. Not in any great hurry. Have had a look through the ads and on the internet and there doesn't seem to be much about at the moment. Rather than push it, I'd rather just wait for the right car to come along - so I will keep checking back each week and who knows, the ideal car may just present itself.

As recommended by Charcoal Sprite

Last time I wanted a new car, I simply mentioned it on facebook and what I was looking for. My friend Rachael immediately replied telling me about her Mondeo - less than a week later - deal done. It would be nice if such an opportunity presented itself again. I hate dealing with garages. Especially the Ford garage. "Oh I can't give you more than 5k for it" - a week later you see it on the forecourt at £8,500. Cheers "Jeff".

So let's see what comes along.

If you have enjoyed reading this blog, please take a look at my books on Amazon (Paperback & Kindle), where you can read lots more of the same! Click here.

Jason xx

Comments

  1. Hey, I use that little car park a lot for the library,Subway & other short shopping trips (being a Ambrosdenite) so if I see a man with a big stick coming towards me, I'll know who it is.
    Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason,

    I hope you don’t mind us getting in touch, We’ve enjoyed reading through your blog this morning and were pleased to see from your August post ‘Massaging me bits’ Confused.com helped you save a little bit of money on your contents insurance this year.

    We thought you might be interested in a little competition we’re running involving a few select parent bloggers like yourself. We’re looking for a short post (maximum of 350 words) on ‘The best money saving tips for entertaining the children for less in half term’. The winning post will receive a UK short break in Pembrokeshire and their post will get a spot in our newsletter.

    If you’re interested in knowing more about the competition, you can see all the information here http://www.confused.com/life-insurance/articles/confused-blogger-competition

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the long lost Kindle ratings!

Maba

The next Time Bubble book