Teddy Bear's Picnic

First blog entry of the month, and a month in which entries may be at a record low. We're now into the thick of the summer holidays and caring for, and entertaining the children whilst keeping the business running smoothly (some big and complex gigs coming up) is mopping up every available second.

But we still find time to have fun. Amongst all the things there is to do I was determined we were going to have a good day out on Wednesday for the Teddy Bears Picnic. So worked extra hard around here on Tuesday to ensure that there would be no hold-ups on Wednesday - getting all the work done, ensuring there was sufficient bread/milk etc, and so off we headed to Garth Park on Wednesday morning.

And what a fab time we had. The rain threatened frequently, but never more than a few drops, and we saw a lot of old friends and played with hula hoops, water sprayers, went on the swings. Both kids were stroppy at various points but no more than usual.

Watch out here come some waterfalls!

We found a good spot next to the bandstand and I was joined by Laura and Clare from school and their children. Both have boys (Lewis and Thomas) in Ollie's class, and younger children too, so we have plenty in common. We had a great time, the boys running around together, and the younger ones enjoying some food. There was plenty to go around too, Laura and Clare both brought packs of sausages with them - which was nice. The home made bread (in the bread maker) also went down very well, and we discussed the finer merits of baking ones own - with particular reference to the conversation on facebook on the subject earlier this week - yes it is real bread! I'm just using a special oven to make it in!


Look at me, Daddy! 

Had a most bizarre experience in Aldi today. I was just browsing the merits of the various chocolate bars, when a lady caught my eye and started a conversation "Oh hello - how are you, haven't seen you for ages" sort of thing.

Now she looked vaguely familiar but I cannot for the life of me work out who she was. I just can't place her, and I could hardly ask her, could I? Bit insulting really - someone thinks you are an old friend and they were so unimportant to you that you can't even remember who they are. So I just played along with it - she knew I  had one boy but not two, and did not know I was a DJ as my main job now, so I figure from that she cannot have seen me since about 2007.

Of course there is the possibility she thought I was someone else. I guess it must have been that as I pretty much remember everyone I've ever met so it's odd for me to not be able to place her.

I wish I could get excited about the Olympics, but I just can't. For a start I just do not have time to watch it during the day, if the telly is on the kids want CBeebies, and I had to use enough diplomacy as it was to get them to switch over the Channel 4 for a couple of hours so I could watch Glorious Goodwood. Never having been a huge athlete myself, qualifying for the Olympic team myself has always seemed unlikely, unless they were to introduce some events I could excel in e.g. a Crisp Eating Contest, that sort of thing.

I can eat these faster than Usain Bolt can run 100m


It seems unlikely though. Anyway the one sport at the Olympics I am a huge fan of as you know is tennis, so tomorrow I will be cheering, "Come on Andy". OK - I know it's not a Grand Slam, just a mickey mouse tournament really, but it will capture the public imagination if he wins, and maybe inspire him on to greater glory in a Grand Slam tournament, and maybe, dare we say it, even Wimbledon?

Come on Andy - Team GB expects!
If you have enjoyed reading this blog, please take a look at my books on Amazon (Paperback & Kindle), where you can read lots more of the same! Click here.

Jason xx


Comments

  1. Teddy Bears are greatly loved by their owners, however young or old they are. It is essential to look after your teddy bears and keep them grime-free and smelling fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the long lost Kindle ratings!

Maba

The next Time Bubble book