Ayres Mansion prepares for the Big Day

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work we go...

Except no it isn't, hurrah! No more work until after Christmas, largely due to it falling on a Sunday this year. So preparations now in full swing here at "Ayres Mansion". Today is the day of the Big Shop for Christmas and we shall be heading off to Sainsbury bright and early.

I had quite an early night last night by my standards, and apart from a couple of slices of ham was very good at bedtime, no crisps or cheese balls at all yesterday. Now as you know I blatantly resist any attempts to change my diet, however I have decided I am going to try and make a difference in the New Year purely for long term health reasons. And I may as well start now. Now I've no intention of giving up all the things I love I'm just going to moderate their intake, and I'm also going to try and eat more of things I like that are recognised as being good for you, i.e. fruit - predominantly citrus fruit. Now I love pineapple, grapefruit, oranges etc, but eat very little of them - why? I think a lot of it is down to the harassed and stressed life style, i.e. running around after the kids in the monring, you've hardly got time to sit down and cut up a grapefruit. And the price of ready prepared fruit such as sold in M&S is nothing short of a rip off. £3 for a little tub of pineapple when you can buy a whole one that contains more for £1. They don't make it easy for you, when on a budget (both financially and time-wise).

Who's got time to mess about with this when the kids have to be at school 10 minutes ago?

So good intentions are there - just need to find time/ motivation, and probably some gentle persuasion and support from those closest to me will not go unnoticed.

Have chosen Sainsbury as my destination this year as it's good quality and close. Sorry Tesco, you've pretty much got a monopoly on me since Somerfield closed so I want something different, and Asda and Morrisons are too far with the kids in the car. I have a reasonable budget for today's outing too, courtesy of a credit card that is actually in credit, i.e. they owe me money, always a nice state of affairs. Don't ask me how, if you know, you know, if you don't it's because you don't need to.

Last year was the first year we had Christmas dinner at home, prior to that I had always gone to family. But now I have my own family I want to do things my way. I think once again this year we shall go for a turkey breast crown, a good one though. Then there's lots of other goodies to stock up on.

Tomorrow afternoon my bestie is coming round with her kids for a little pre-Christmas coffee and nibbles so I shall get some nice things for them too. Not sure if hubby is coming, but if so I shall have to ensure we have some party rings and sellotape.

Blog's going to have to be a short one, I've already got Jamie up and now Ollie is up too, if we can be out of the house by 9am and back by midday I will consider that a job well done.

It was really nice being up early this morning - there was a lovely crescent moon, surrounded by fading stars as the light began to come up from the horizon. Almost a sort of nativity scene, and the sort of thing that makes you glad to be alive - and happy, which let's face it, is all any of us can ask for.

If you have enjoyed reading this blog, please take a look at my books on Amazon (Paperback & Kindle), where you can read lots more of the same! Click here.

Jason xx

Comments

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Sainsburys will make a welcome change here too, it's just that bit different xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the long lost Kindle ratings!

Maba

The next Time Bubble book