The Scales Of Injustice

No particular subject today, so may not be one of my most exciting blog entries, but I shall do my best to entertain as best I can.

As the last few days, in my life at least, there's been plenty of the mundane. About the most exciting thing to happen in the last 48 hours was the purchase of a brand new mop system from Wilkinsons!

That's my life - but elsewhere, my heart goes out to certain friends who are going through difficult times right now. I am sure many of them would swap many of their current traumas for something so mundane as choosing a new mop.

People can't always help the situations they get into - no-one should apportion blame, we've all got feelings, and so have those around us. We can't help who we fall in love with or what the consequences might be, we also can't control how other people will behave or react around us. For every one of us in a good and stable place right now, there may be another facing huge life changing decisions - which may or may not be out of their control.

Spare a thought for anyone in a dark place, don't judge them, don't pity them, just be there for them. You might be where they are yourself one day. As life invariably goes through phases - we can be involved in the most dramatic Eastenders style plotlines at times, whilst at other times our lives may be less exciting to the casual observer than watching paint dry. Life's all for the living, I know but it can all get too much at times. Privy as I am, through my agony uncle persona (remember Jay's dilemnas) to the innermost thoughts of those around me that need me, I know that things are very hard for certain people right now. For those people, rest assured I'm with you and here is a big {{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}} for you.

But - what about the new mop, I hear you cry? Let us hear about your exciting new domestic appliance!

Well, for years I have been going around with a hideous old mop (and bucket) that I can never get clean - I think it has probably got it's own ecosystem by now. Living as I do with my two little cherubs, all sorts gets chucked over the floors, which in this house are a mixture of laminate, other wood, tile and stone. Now I have tried all manner of cleaning methods, but nothing works to my satisfaction. The only way to really get the laminate clean is to get down on hands and knees and scrub with this wood cleaner stuff but that leaves the floors all sticky. Another brand I tried turned the living room floor into a skating rink which was mildly entertaining at the time watching Ollie fall over all the time though probably somewhat cruel.

Anyway this new thing cost me £20 from Wilkinsons and it's an all singing, all dancing power mop system!

Flash Powermop Starter Kit

It has a motor which sprays cleaning liquid ahead of it on to the floor and you just mop it up and then throw away the disposable pads. No bucket, no water, simple, easy and effective. I'm dead chuffed!

In other news, Claire just bought a new pair of bathroom scales. The other ones we had were bloody useless, the dial wobbled all over the place and I could be anywhere between 16 stone and 18 stone depending on how I positioned my feet. Now I have been making an effort to lose weight recently, but hadn't really had much of a clue as to how much so needed to get an accurate read.

These scales were quite expensive, a good make so confident as to their accuracy. Now I wanted an accurate reading, so I got on them naked. Sorry girls, no piccies. This was unlike Alex who went to his first weight watchers meeting laden down with as much ballast as he could muster, in order to get a good result on week 2!

So, with no cheating allowed, I stepped on and the end result was 17 stone 6 lb and 5/8. A bit more than I was expecting to be honest. I then decided to have a wee and have another go, and this brought me down to 17 stone 4 lb and 7/8, which I found quite surprising that my wee should be that heavy. Though to be fair it was quite a long wee as I hadn't been since breakfast. I then had a shower and went on again - and got exactly the same result. I thought it might be lower once I had scrubbed off all the dirt and sweat, though to be fair, there doesn't tend to be a lot unless I've been indulging in any strenuous physical activity. Which I haven't, today.

I then thought about having a poo, but I didn't really fancy one, and I've finished my book on the London Underground, so with no reading material, I decided to call it a day for today and write this instead.

Finally, my dear friends, as you know I am very amenable to suggestions and have to say that my discovery of Hustle, 3 episodes in (via Lynda) has been a major triumph. Now it's my turn, now you all know my sense of humour, and if there's one thing I recommend that you do this year is please, please make the effort to get into Peep Show. I have mentioned this several times before but have been ignored, so I'll give it a bigger push this time. Last night had me in tears of laughter, it really is becoming my favourite sitcom of all time & Claire agrees. I can't really describe it, (there's some info from Wikipedia below) so here's a couple of clips, only about a minute long each as a taster. At the very least check these out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p9o2qTJw4Q&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ooYMH192E&feature=endscreen&NR=1

This is what Wikipedia has to say about Peep Show:


"Peep Show is a British sitcom starring David Mitchell and Robert Webb. The television programme is written by Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain, with additional material by Mitchell and Webb themselves, amongst others. It has been broadcast on Channel 4 since 2003. The show's seventh series (broadcast late 2010) makes it the longest-running sitcom in Channel 4 history.[1] On 17 December 2010 it was confirmed that the show had been renewed for both an 8th and 9th series, but that they would not be aired until at least mid-2012 due to the writers being busy with other projects.[2]Stylistically, the show uses point of view shots with the thoughts of main characters Mark and Jeremy audible as voiceovers.
Peep Show follows the lives of two men in their thirties, Mark Corrigan (Mitchell), employed as a loan manager, and Jeremy Usborne (Webb), an unemployed musician. The pair met at the fictional Dartmouth University, and now share a flat in CroydonSouth London. Mark is initially a loan manager at the fictional JLB Credit, later becoming a waiter. He is financially secure, but awkward and socially inept, with a pessimistic and critical attitude. Jeremy, having split up with his girlfriend Big Suze prior to the first episode, now lives in Mark's spare room. He usually has a much more optimistic and energetic outlook on the world than Mark, yet his self-proclaimed talent as a musician is yet to be recognised, and he is not as popular or attractive as he would like to think himself, although he is more successful with the opposite sex than Mark.[3]"



Give it a try, I promise you won't be disappointed.

If you have enjoyed reading this blog, please take a look at my books on Amazon (Paperback & Kindle), where you can read lots more of the same! Click here.


Jason x x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the long lost Kindle ratings!

The next Time Bubble book

Maba