How generous!

Last week I had to phone my website people to tell them they had upgraded me to the Premium package without my consent - in fact all I had done was looked at the list of options and decided it wasn't worth it.

They sorted it all out - no problem, back to the standard package.

And then today I receive this email! Are they taking the piss or what?

Dear Jason,

Please accept our apologies for the error made on your recent order. We are sorry for any inconvenience it might have caused you.

To compensate for our mistake, we have issued a credit to your account for the amount of £0.00.

What can you do with your credit?

You can use your credit on your next order. You can order the same product, or take your credit off any other product.

The amount of your order doesn't have to be exactly the same as your credit. We will just deduct the credit from the total amount of your new order.

How can you use your credit?

To redeem your credit, take these three easy steps:


  • Choose and design a product and go to Checkout.
  • On the Payment Information page, click on the blue Apply button. It is not necessary to fill out your credit card details if the order amount does not exceed the credit amount.
  • Once you've clicked on Apply, you will see the sentence "Your coupon has been applied to your order." and you will see that your credit has been deducted from the total cost of your order.

To get started now, please click here to go to our site.

If you have any problem, please contact us.

A big thank you!

We appreciate that you've chosen Vistaprint! We hope we'll have another chance to serve you in the future.

Sincerely,
The Vistaprint Customer Support Team



Hmmmmm!!!! I'm so excited!!!! What on earth can I spend my £0.00 on????

Not long until Halloween now. I am waiting for my costume to arrive. Hopefully today. So looking forward to the big karaoke party this Sunday at the White Hart and seeing all your costumes! There were some fantastic ones last year.

I've had a bit of a delay in ordering mine due to another cock up - this one involving my bank card. With it due to expire at the end of October, it got to the middle of last week and the replacement had not yet appeared. So I went into the back to enquire and they said it had been sent out on the 29th September. Bearing in mind it was now the 17th October this was not too encouraging. They said they could order me a new one, but my current one would have to be cancelled leaving me without a card. They also said it would come to the branch for security and I could collect on Friday. Needless to say Friday arrived and I went to the branch and it wasn't there. To complete the piss take when I got back home the card that had gone missing had arrived - but now completely useless. It had been sent with a second class stamp on it - glad to see that HSBC are economising where necessary to protect their bankers bonuses.

Pre Tax profit of $12.7bn in the first 6 months of this year.

Is this really the best you can do?


I am still a bit nervous about the costume situation as I failed to specify XL when ordering. I immediately realised my mistake and sent a follow up email - but delightfully I am displeased to announce that in the interests of customer service I got zero response. If it doesn't fit, I'm screwed because it's too late to order anything else online and there's still absolutely f all in the shops around here for adults - why is it Wilko and all the others think Halloween is just for kids - apart from the odd cheap and tacky mask. You're missing a trick retailers! And you wonder why the high street is dying and we are buying online? Because we can't get what we want in your shops!

I've taken the syndication to facebook off of this blog and am going back to posting manually? Why? Because it appears on my page but either not in the news feed at all or as a low priority so people don't see it. They expect me to pay a fee to promote it! Get real - I can do that myself.

Customer service? Pah!

If you have enjoyed reading this blog, please take a look at my books on Amazon (Paperback & Kindle), where you can read lots more of the same! Click here.

Jason xx

Comments

  1. Wow sorry to hear about your bad customer service experiences Jason. There's nothing worse than being stuck without access to your bank account, even if it's just in case of emergency.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the long lost Kindle ratings!

The next Time Bubble book

Maba